Katye Hamlin




Katye Hamlin is a gifted singer, songwriter, and musician hailing from Texas.  Her soulful live performances, as well as her debut singles Game On and Neverland, have earned rave reviews.  Katye is also a supporter of anti-hunger causes and kindly shared one of her favorite recipes.



************************************


Growing up, I was never allowed to help with the cooking in the house, but for some reason Mom trusted me to bake... and I LOVED baking. Over the years I've made some really tasty treats, but these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies have become my staple, go-to cookies. Easy, peasy. Makes a ton. And bakes quickly. Also, this is one of the only recipes that I haven't modified a million times and then forgot to write down the changes. :) I do have a bad habit of "winging it" still, so feel free to add your own personal touch with the chocolate and nuts.
 
 
 
KATYE'S OWN NEIMAN MARCUS $250 OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP RECIPE
 

1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Cup Flour
2.5 Cup Oatmeal (blend in blender. Recipe calls to blend oatmeal to fine powder, but I like mine thicker, with more texture and less blended.)
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder 
12 oz of Chocolate Chips (I use a mixture of Milk and Dark Chocolate)
1 Cup of crushed nuts (optional) I like using crushed pecans. :)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and both sugars; add flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chips and nuts. Mix together. Roll into small almond-size balls.

Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees. 

Makes about 60 cookies.

Enjoy!! :)



************************************


Thanks to Katye for sharing her recipe.  If you enjoy her recipe, please volunteer your time and contribute to your local food pantry.


***********************************