Haley Cole Stifflemire



Haley Cole Stifflemire is a rising Texas singer and guitarist.  Her performances throughout Texas have garnered praise and acclaim.  Haley kindly joined Artist Spotlight to discuss her music and her dedication to March of Dimes, Make-A-Wish Foundation, breast cancer awareness, epilepsy awareness, and Dell Children's Medical Center.



When did you first learn to play guitar and sing?
    I started playing guitar when I was sixteen year old. A little over two years ago..I took lessons for a week from a guy that I went to high school with, but since we were so busy with sports and school we didn't really get to practice a whole lot so I started teaching myself chords. I grew up singing in the church when I was very young. My dad was the song leader at our church, First Baptist Church in Lyons was the one we attended, and so I would perform "specials" every Sunday. 



For those who have not seen you perform, please describe a Haley Cole Stifflemire concert.
    I like to think of my concerts as a personal one. I think it is very important to become friends with your fans because in the end they are the ones that promote and support you the most. There's no doubt I like to have fun and I like the people out in the audience to enjoy themselves as well so I try to make it as entertaining as possible! 


Are there any plans to record an album?  If so, what can fans expect on the album?
    Actually, I am going to meet with the owner of a studio here in Huntsville today. It is called HillTrax Studio and I know a lot of great musicians who have recorded here, such as: Jason Cassidy, Bri Bagwell, Brison Bursey, and many more! My first step would be to get a band together because thus far I have just been able to do acoustic shows, but after that I will be in the studio recording a lot of my new originals! Just talking about it makes me giddy!
  


Which artists influenced you the most?
    This list could go on and on but my top favorite artists that have inspired me the most would have to be Loretta Lynn, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Alison Krauss, Ralph Stanley, Earl Scruggs, and Willie Nelson, and that's just to name a few!



What message would you like to convey to the listener through your music and concerts?
    I guess the message I want to convey to the listener is most importantly "feeling". I have been taught since I was just a little girl, my mom always told me to sing with feeling. Nothing is more meaningful to someone unless it comes from the heart. Which that is something I will never forget and I can only pray my listeners "feel" what I feel through my songs.


 
Name 5 adjectives to describe your music.
    This is going to be difficult but let's see...Emotional, Energetic, Real, Catchy,and Honky-Tonk! :) 



 

Name 5 adjectives to describe you.
    Random, Fun, Emotional (haha), Spontaneous, and Authentic
 

 

You recently performed at an Epilepsy Awareness benefit and Dell Children's benefit.  Tell us more about the causes and charities close to your heart.
    I got the real honor to be able to perform at such a great cause and I can't wait for the many more benefits and charities I get to partake in! Breast Cancer Awareness, Make-A-Wish Foundation, and March of Dimes are all very dear to my heart as well and I would love to devote my time to them in the near future!


 
What projects will you be working on in the future?
    I'd like to think of my very first album as a huge project in the near future! I will keep in touch and let you know when this will be released! 




HALEY'S ADVICE FOR ASPIRING YOUNG ARTISTS:
    Be who you are and go for your dreams! Most importantly, NEVER GIVE UP! It can get hard along the road, but the only way you can grow as a musician is keep on truckin'! If you have the passion and the love for music make sure you show it when you sing, because people can see that. That's how you will succeed! Good luck! :)


Thanks so much!
-Haley Cole Stifflemire



Thanks to Haley for sharing her time and talent.  Please visit:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Haley-Stifflemire/188038961262869








For more information about epilepsy awareness, please visit:  http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/
For more information about Dell Children's Medical Center, please visit: http://www.dellchildrens.net/ 
For more information about breast cancer awareness, please visit:  http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/
For more information about Make-A-Wish Foundation, please visit:  http://www.wish.org/
For more information about March of Dimes, please visit:  http://www.marchofdimes.com/



******************************